Friday 15 May 2009

Manchester Evening News and Radio Manchester!

Yesterday I was in the Warrington Guardian, it was a small article so it is not available online!

Today I am in the Manchester Evening News which can be viewed here! It is great that they have focussed on the praise from Gordon Brown and the fact that the programme was aired yesterday! It is a shame however that they didn't include the link to the Organ Donor Register, they did mention Battlefront so hopefully if people want to find out more and sign up they can do so by visiting the Battlefront website!

So today's Battlefront programme.... I had no Idea that I would be featured so much! It was really well edited again and it was so great to see what the other campaigners got up to behind the scenes! I have had some figures from UK Transplant known now as NHSBT to say that Organ Donor registrations went up to 900 yesterday compared to 400 from Monday - Wednesday! Hopefully I will receive some more figures and get them broken down into how people signed and how many were directly through my campaign! So far 1209 people have signed up directly through my weblink and 389 people have signed up via my registration leaflets (these are still coming in and being processed!)

In other exciting campaign news I have been asked to do a Radio interview with Radio Manchester, in the studio! This will be my first studio interview, my previous ones have been done on the phone so it is quite daunting, but the good thing is that I will be able to take some notes with me so I don't miss any vital information! I am really looking forward to meeting Heather Stott, I will be on air with her around 11.10am on Wednesday 20th and you can listen live here.

So plans for this weekend... Emily and Oli from Live Life Then Give Life are staying for the weekend as we are attending a fundraising event in memory of little Ethan Collins. I will do a blog over the weekend telling you more about brave Ethan's fight and the event that we are attending....

No comments: