Transplants in Mind's aim is to get more than 80,000 new names on the Organ Donor Register. The launch is today at the London Transport Museum, the donor bus will be there encouraging people to sign up and volunteers will be on hand to offer information and advice.
Since 1 April 2008:
- 220 people have donated organs
- an additional 452 people have donated corneas
- 661 people have received the gift of sight
- 655 people have received transplants
- 7,757 people are still waiting for transplants
To join the Organ Donor Register and join the 15,500,596 people – 25% of the population who already have click here.