Tuesday 4 March 2008

Everyday Life


Not much news really just been busy with boring old uni work, which seems to be paying off as I found out on Thursday that I passed another assignment with a mark of 73 which is a 1:1! So I’m chuffed about that!



So on the 21st April I’m starting a Work-Based Learning placement which I’m really excited about as well as a little nervous as I don’t know how my energy levels will cope. Uni has been very helpful and have sorted it out for me to do my placement over 10 weeks part time instead of 5 weeks full time. So I’m going to be working with 6 and 7 year olds in a primary school 2.5 days a week. I have my first meeting with the teacher tomorrow, so I’ll see what I’m letting myself in for.


So dialysis hasn’t been too bad, had a dodgy time a couple of days last week with my BP so my dry weight has been put up yet again, which (as usual) I’m not happy about. I also got my blood results back and they caught me as I’ve not been as good as I should be, I’m rubbish at remembering to take my renagels (phosphate binders) I hate taking tablets (I have a fear I might choke, which is practically impossible) These ones are quite big and I have to take them anytime I eat anything!!! Apart from that everything’s ok.


I am shattered tonight as today me and my folks looked after our friend’s little boy who is 20months, so I have spent the day playing trains, singing wind the bobbin up and twinkle twinkle little star and even managed a trip to the park to feed the ducks and play on the swing! Had a fun packed day running around after him, and now an early night for me I think…

No comments: