Tuesday 22 January 2008

Introductions...

Well this is my first ever post so I better start with some introductions....

My name's Holly Shaw and I'm 20 years old... I am currently in my 2nd year at Chester University (Warrington campus) doing an Early Childhood Studies degree! I have made loads of ace friends who are very understanding and I love them to bits! I have Kidney failure and so have to have Dialysis 3 times a week. I am on the transplant list and so I'm waiting for the call that will mean I am able to lead a normal life.

Hopefully this blog will raise awareness of kidney failure and organ donation but be warned I will end up waffling on about friends, family and shopping.

I live with my Mum and Dad and I have a brother Andy who is happily married to Fiona and they live nearby. My family are a great support and I am truly grateful, I love them lots, without them I wouldn't have got through the last 3 years.

I hope this gives you an insight into dialysis and life on the transplant waiting list!

Enjoy.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly

Im also on dialysis PD ot be exact. Keep on in there and a transplant will come for you .

Tom x

Anonymous said...

Hey hollypop,
great idea doing the blog... dunno what else to say lol but I love you!
x

Tinypoppet said...

hey sweetie,

Great idea ;) Am looking forward to learning lots more as I really don't know much about your condition which is pretty shocking...much love xx